Monday

Bas the neighbor

Austin, Lauren & I were walking around the city (actually, looking for a place that sells my face medication; simple, but I had to go to a "pharmacy" where the employee obtained a tube from a locked cabinet.. scary). We were near the flat when a guy approaches us & said hello. He was Dutch & sort of punkish & young & told us his name is Bas. We all smiled & stared & blinked at him, & I racked my brain, trying to figure out if we had met him before since he was so comfortable to walk up & speak to us in English. He noticed our blank stares and said he lives in the flat across the street from ours & recognized me since he always sees me looking out the bedroom window. He said, "I always watch you, wondering what kind of woman you are. Now I see you & you have kids."

Of course I am embarrassed & immediately wonder what kind of oddities he has witnessed me do, like pick my nose or clip my toenails or do my ballet stretches. I have noticed his flat, he has graffiti art everywhere & aqua curtains.

Later Austin told me he didn't like him since he seemed bossy. "Bas the bossy," he called him.

Peeping Tom is probably more fitting, but I kept that little antidote to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home